Matthew 19:14

"Let the children come to Me" Matthew 19:14

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Praise, Worship and Youth Ministry

I enjoy music at Mass and Christian music on the radio. I enjoy hymns and I enjoy praise and worship songs. I like the old saying, "When we sing we are praying twice!"


When no one is looking, or listening, I sing at the top of my lungs to praise and glorify God.
I like to sing the Divine Mercy prayers. Usually when I am meditating on the Divine Mercy prayers, I am singing them in my head.

I have always wished I could read music or play an instrument. If there is one thing I could change, that would probably be it!

I like to use music in youth ministry.  I listen to the new Christian songs to see what they are about and how to incorporate them into the teaching.

One that comes to mind for me, that was an easy choice is Do Something - Matthew West.

You can make an entire year out of that song as far as Works of Mercy and Charity!


 Last summer I played this song/video for our youth group and asked them what they wanted to "do".

They had such great ideas. They started a food drive (by the pound with a "thermometer" chart), asked for donations for birthday bags (cake, frosting, candles, small toys) and they did a clothing drive!  So they not only did something - they did it BIG!

So that brought us to Jamie Grace's song Do Life Big!




Mother Mary, Pray for us to be what God is calling for us to be. AMEN.